Sunday, January 4, 2009

Catching Up!

OK, OK, I have been a terrible blogger since Kristy's birthday.  Here is an attempt to catch everyone up on what has been going on.

Chris: I am still working at NCR and have survived a few RIF's.  NCR has announced that they are moving the center from West Columbia to Peachtree City, Georgia in the Atlanta area.  I will have to wait and see how it affects me.  I have been taking bagpipe lessons since March 2008 and am enjoying it.  You start learning the bagpipes with the practice chanter.  I expect to begin on the bagpipes this summer.  My instructor thinks it could be sooner but I doubt it.  I have also taken a beginning Mandarin class.  It is a very tough language and will take me a long time to be able to speak without embarrasing myself.

Judy:  Judy is in her first year of teaching Spanish at New Providence Elementary School in Lexington.  She really enjoys it. She is also involved with the Hispanic ministry at Mt. Horeb.

Kourtney:  Kourtney turned 16 in October and we had a sweet 16 party at the church.  I DJ'd the party and "rocked the house."  She has been given permission by her uptight over protective Dad to get her learners permit.  She is a 10th grader and is taking advanced classes, playing the violin, and dance classes.  She is considering a career in medicine at this time.

Kelly:  Kelly is a 9th grader and is also taking dance.  She is our social butterfly and keeps the house lively.  She has had to take some time off from dance because she broke her toe (pinky toe) in November.  Kelly is also a clothes bargain hunter.  She is thinking about youth ministry as a profession at this time.

Kristy:  Kristy is a very active 3 year old who constantly makes us laugh from the thoughts that she verbalizes.  She loves to color, dance (no classes yet), sing, and play her Dad and sisters in Wii.

We went to Pigeon Forge in August for a very nice vacation in August.  We stayed in a very nice cabin and spent time in Splash Country and Dollywood and had a blast.  We spent Thanksgiving in Hilton Head with family and Christmas in New Jersey where Kristy finally met some of her northern family members.

That's a quick summary of what has been happening in 2008.  I will try to keep up better in 2009.

No comments: